Beers and Bourbons Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omg Diablo 3 :))

3 posters

Go down

Omg Diablo 3 :)) Empty Omg Diablo 3 :))

Post  Kenshinn Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Link:
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/884/884836p1.html

Omg Diablo 3 :)) Diablo10

Omg Diablo 3 :)) Diablo-iii-20080628035900466_640w

Omg Diablo 3 :)) Diablo-iii-20080628035220958_640w

I CANT WAIT to play this game.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Omg Diablo 3 :)) Empty Re: Omg Diablo 3 :))

Post  Wrathguard Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm

OMG agree! this game looks amazing on the gameplay trailers i watched.. interactive surroundings and everything..

Second that notion of cant wait!
Wrathguard
Wrathguard

Back to top Go down

Post  gameldar Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:12 am

Hmmm pretty.

Not sure I'll play D3... although I have played all blizzard's releases... so we'll have to see.

The game I'm waiting for (they delayed the release... argl!)...

The one... the only... Bloodbowl

... and hopefully they'll release it in Australia so I don't have to confuse my English relatives by sending them into a gaming store (they are in their 70s after all!)

gameldar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenshinn Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Ah Bloodbowl on the psp. I remember that game from back when I use to collect and do wargames with Warhammer fantasy battle and 40K.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Post  gameldar Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:47 am

Yeah that is the one - I used to play it with my brother and his friends back in high school. Love the game, and wish I could still play it... but I don't have the board etc and you haven't been able to buy the game outside of Europe for about 10 years - although I still do have my miniatures... choas all the way (actually I have an orc team too)! My brother's friends all used to play warhammer too - although my brother described it as 6 hours of arguing about the rules...

I have about 10 different attempts at progamming the game myself floating around - it was always something I wanted to play (and be able to play against the computer) - just as usual with most of my (game) projects - I usually learn what I want to learn and then get bogged down in one part or the other (usually the graphics - I have no talent for 3d tools) and never get completed... but its a default project I sit down to when I'm wanting to learn something (e.g. yet another graphics engine).

Oh its out on pretty much all platforms in different forms - with PC being the primary form (I don't go in for consoles/handhelds).

gameldar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenshinn Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:29 pm

I can point you in the direction of some good sites if you want to learn more about game creation Smile. One of which is holding a remakes competition (gives you 2 months to make a remake of whatever game you like, and the person with the best remake wins a big prize).
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Post  gameldar Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:32 am

I saw that remake competition float past gamedev.net it looked interesting but I'm not overly a retro games fan - with the exception of atomic tetris... and well tetris is banned from the list Smile

I'd be interested to see what sites you recommend. The main two I keep up with a gamedev.net and aigamedev.net - oh and gamasutra.com (but that is more about the game news more than anything else - although some interesting things float by).

More than anything though - I need some motivation to actually finish something I work on... I generally work on something until I've learnt that thing I thought would be cool and then let it drop... and well if I didn't have to deal with graphics I would be a lot happier - my interest is more in game mechanics than anything else - I should probably try modding something... or go back to my muds - although they are a dying breed these days!

Now if only I could remember that cool game idea I had the other night while I was up with my son...

gameldar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenshinn Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 pm

www.retroremakes.com - Is my main haunt for things in the games development area. Though remakes / new
games made are usually in the retro-gaming style category. I totally love retro games
so doesn`t bother me really.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum