Beers and Bourbons Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Adventures

2 posters

Go down

WoW Adventures Empty WoW Adventures

Post  gameldar Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:50 am

I thought I would start a thread where we can share stories about our WoW adventures. And I'll kick off with one of my own...

gameldar

Back to top Go down

WoW Adventures Empty Eternal Sethekk...

Post  gameldar Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 am

For a change on the weekend I got to sit down to play WoW early e.g. 8pm instead of 9.30 (nicely tucked up in bed on the laptop...as per normal). With this I thought I would be able to complete an instance (either Durnholde or Sethekk Halls as they were in my tanking todo list). Firing up the trusty(?) LFG tool I eventually found a holy priest looking to do Sethekk Halls and decided to start a group. Priest in hand I had pretty quickly filled as dps are a dime a dozen with 2 rogues and the promise of a ret paladin.

The pally was not responding to group invites and chats so rogue number 1 starts asking multiple incessant questions (and not really listening to the answers) about what we need - who's tanking, do we need a healer? etc etc. For some reason the priest took offense to all the questions and starts abusing the rogue... who in true rogue style replied in kind... after I suggest they take a chill pill and start heading to the instance (and queries from rogue 2 as to whether they are joking around) the priest decides he has enough and quits.

By this stage about 20 minutes are gone and my group has started falling apart already... but the ret pally appears again and we're back up to 4... and is happy to heal - I'd had him heal a durnhold run previously... which is another story in itself... but thought it might be alright but wasn't the preferred option. However rogue 1 has a friend who can heal for us (although called her an unreliable healer) so eventually a 70 holy pally joins us and we all start heading off to the instance... as it happens I'm the only one nearby and the closest is the ret pally in Nagrand who isn't responding again... so rogue 1 starts to make his way over from netherstorm.

By this time I'm quite happily sitting shadowmelded in view of the summoning stone where there is very little action occurring (for once)... a minute or two before rogue 1 rocks up I finally see some horde movement at the stone - a level 64 shammy with a level 70 druid friend appear and start summoning. By the time rogue 1 arrives only the shammy remains - and the gank-a-holic rogue decides to punish the shammy for existing... I'm sitting there thinking nooooooooooooooo! And was correct in my assumptions as the level 70 druid and the others that they summon appear and met out justice on behalf of their shammy buddy. They spy me and after beating through my 8k health send me to do a corpse run.

While on my corpse run I realise rogue 2 has been disconnected... so kick and LFG time again... thankfully a hunter answers the call rapidly and we are on again... also thankfully the horde have better things to do (after killing rogue 1 again) and the stone is free to summon in the various groups... things are finally looking up and perhaps 45 minutes have passed by now.

Into the instance and rogue 1 has me worried against as he proceeds to sap then tank the first mobs in the instance before buffs or anything are sorted out - I was prepared and so was the holy pally so it didn't end up badly. After the next pull however my son wakes up and its "/p afk 2 minutes my kids woken up" time. After doing my fatherly duties I returned to find mobs running around me as it looks like they continued in my absence... nothing too bad... but I wasn't following too carefully where they were headed (they were skipping mobs) and headed the wrong side of a barrier to again pull a mob off the rogue who decided to open on a mob... I was followed by the hunter and before long we had pulled another mob from a bird that does a mini patrol... a challenging shout and I had the mobs back on me... pounding away but doing ok... that was until the undead one drops his mind control totem with latches onto me... and I proceed to wipe out the rest of the group (of which I was of course secretly proud)...

So another quick run back and drink/eat and we're back in business. The next couple of pulls all work nicely and we seem to have a bit of a rhythm going... we clear the next room and the hunter decides to bring up the dps results... our oh so proud rogue is sitting below me (the tank) on the damage meters just above our healer... laughs go round until we realise that part of the problem is he had been disconnected.... not another one!

So I boot him and the hunter says he has a friend who can join us - we head out to the summoning stone and his friend is not responding and is already in a group... I send out another LFG call and get another offer from a holy pally (must be their night) when said friend is apparently back. We summon and he appears... so we head back inside again... to find the ret pally has disconnected... again the hunter has another friend that could help out - so we head back out to the summoning stone to see the first friend (a tree) still flying above the summon stone... disconnected... anyway we summon the second friend (boomkin) and thankfully the tree returns to life - but realising we have a holy pally (and at my prompting) hearths off to get his feral set ... which seems to take another age - I think because he was respeccing as well (is there a druid trainer in the park in stormwind - or was he just there to sniff the flowers?)

So we head back in finally and carry on where we left off - but the group is looking good. Hunter is trapping nicely, boomkin and now cat are both doing some nice damage and it isn't long before I've tanked down Darkweaver Syth. However we aren't moving quick enough for the cat and he requests to tank... he is overgeared for the instance so would be able to handle the multi-mob pulls better... I'm up for it by this stage but point out that his dps is likely to be better than mine as a dual-wielding prot warrior... but we continue with out any problems with me sticking in as many whirlwinds as possible...

... that is until we hit the entrance to the room before Ikiss. I pointed out at some stage that we really should be taking the prophets down first given their aoe fear they cast... the (now) bear says not to worry about it... "its not heroic and it makes it more fun" ... and continues to tank the birds first and trap the caster that summons the elemental... this is going alright until we end up getting chain feared into the room before ikiss and end up wiping... so there is another corpse run... but at least the bear got the point and started marking the prophets first.

The rest of the run went smoothly - no problems with Ikiss (/hug pillar) ... and I got my nice tanking neck piece Mark of the Ravenguard
but I looked at the clock and realised all up that run had taken me just short of 3 hours... and I didn't get to head to bed early (and then my boy decided it was a good night to not sleep..).. but at least Sethekk Halls has been ticked off the list.

gameldar

Back to top Go down

WoW Adventures Empty Re: WoW Adventures

Post  Kenshinn Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Least you got it done which is good. I`ve had so many cursed runs where they just fall apart after hours of trying and you just feel like gahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

WoW Adventures Empty Re: WoW Adventures

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum