Beers and Bourbons Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vent Info + Setup Guide

4 posters

Go down

Vent Info + Setup Guide Empty Vent Info + Setup Guide

Post  Kenshinn Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Ok firstly heres the vent info. Paste this stuff and you should be fine:

Host: v10.darkstarllc.com
Port: 5412
Password: fred
Password for BnB Room: bnb123

But if your a novice to vent or setting it up for the first time, follow these steps:

Step 1: Download and Install Vent

Grab vent from here: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Once you`ve selected and downloaded the one you want from the list, install the program to your pc.

Step 2: Run Vent

Click start->programs->Ventrilo->Ventrilo
You then will see something similar to the following, minus my sexy desktop background:
(minus the username and server stuff already in the pic as well)

Vent Info + Setup Guide L_1d9954b3fb9244c380188608fab9d36c

Step 3: Enter Details

First create a username by clicking on the "->" in the username bit. Click on "New" in that screen and type in whatever username you like. Once your done click "Ok" then select the new username from the drop down box.

In the server drop box you can have as many servers as you like, so lets create one. Click on the "->" next to the drop down box of the "Server" line.

In the Connection Editior which will popup, click on "New" then enter "Vent Server" or whatever you like then click on "Ok". Once you`ve done that enter the Vent server details from the top of this page until your screen looks something similar to:

Vent Info + Setup Guide L_9e21d6748d8045639e00b09d7b467211

As you can see in the 2nd screeny, be sure to have all the boxes ticked. Now click on "Ok" and your screen should look very similar to the first screenshot earlier.

Step 4: Connect

As the step says, click on "Connect" and aslong as you entered all details correctly it should connect and look similar to the following:

Vent Info + Setup Guide L_0274a01ff30149fe893744dd3e3d450e

If you connected fine then your good to go. Enjoy Smile.

Troubleshooting:

If after following the above steps your received a connection error firstly go back and make sure that you entered all of the server details correctly. Simple copying and pasting of the server details I provided above should eliminate any chance at all of typing errors occuring.

If that doesn`t fix it then its very likely that an outside program on your pc is interfering with it, of which the most likely culprit would be a firewall of some kind. To test this theory, switch off any firewalls that you currently have turned on, on your pc and if that fixes it then you`ll need to reconfigure it to work correctly with vent. If even switching those off doesn`t fix it, then I`d recommend stopping by the vent forums located at http://www.ventrilo.com/forums and enquiring further there.

Any questions feel free to post in this thread and I`ll answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks go out to the guild "Comic Relief" with providing us with their guild vent info which they have given us permission to use. I`ll update the vent details here if circumstances change and when other vent channels elsewhere become available.

Miscellaneous Vent Notes:

For Heroics and raiding vent is a far better alternative to standard party / raid chat, so I`d highly recommend that all of you setup vent as its a requirement in the more higher end side of things, due to how tactical endgame is. Even if you dont have a microphone its still good to install vent, as atleast then you can hear whats being said.

Also you can go into chat mode (think irc like how guild chat is) by clicking on "Chat".
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Vent Info + Setup Guide Empty Re: Vent Info + Setup Guide

Post  Kenshinn Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 am

Details updated.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenshinn Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Please not the vent server was shutdown. So until we get new details, new server etc there wont be any vent. My apologies.
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Vent Info + Setup Guide Empty Teamspeak

Post  patriotic Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:32 am

I am happy for the guild to use my Teamspeak server, it is up 24/7. (Teamspeak has no login limits on clan server)

details are

ts.mitechcomputer.com.au
password: asdfasdf
port: default (8767)

Regards

Patriotic

patriotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenshinn Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:08 am

Thankyou very much Smile
Kenshinn
Kenshinn

Back to top Go down

Post  patriotic Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:53 am

Kenshinn wrote:Thankyou very much Smile

np, its and Australian Based server so latency should always be good.

Regards

Patriotic

patriotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Redgem Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:47 pm

New vent details guys

ip: voice-sydney.maximumvoice.com
port: 4050
p/w: no password

Enjoy ppl, there is a channel just for us bnb's Very Happy
Redgem
Redgem

Back to top Go down

Post  Snipa Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Forgot to mention this a while ago...I get this when I try to join our channel.

You have not been given access rights to enter a User Authorization mode channel.
Snipa
Snipa

http://myspace.com/billy_creek3

Back to top Go down

Post  Redgem Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 am

Snipa wrote:Forgot to mention this a while ago...I get this when I try to join our channel.

You have not been given access rights to enter a User Authorization mode channel.

I'm going to "try" and make it on tonight and I'll sort this out then.
Redgem
Redgem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down